Thursday, June 20, 2013
Tips to Protect Your Hearing Aid in the Hot Summer Months
Moisture is a common problem affecting hearing aid performance in the midst of the hot summer months. The following tips can help guard against moisture related problems.
· Clean your hearing aid daily!
· Use the brush and wax loop tool to remove any wax
· Check battery door for dark colored corrosion; clean out door with a dry cotton swab.
· Check tubing for moisture droplets; get tubing changed if it is hard.
· Dry it out!
· If moisture gets in your hearing aid, place in your drying chamber if you have one. If you don’t have one, simply remove the battery and put in a cool, dry place with battery door ajar.
· Check your desiccant beads! If you are using a drying chamber, be sure that the beads are the appropriate color for optimal performance.